The Paris Est station connects the high speed trains, linking the east of France to the eastern suburbs of Paris, with the trains of the Eole line, Transilien P line, regional and interregional trains. With over 30 station tracks and almost 40 million passengers per year is one of the largest nodes in Paris.
This study, commissioned by SNCF Transilien, was articulated on several subjects encompassing different time horizons:
- Verify the feasibility and stability of the 2020 summer timetable which foresees the closure of the Eole line tunnel and the presence in the surface station of many additional trains;
- Analyze the impacts of several evolutions of the railway system (new rolling stock, adaptation of services, …);
- Verify a series of medium and long term investments in terms of performance stability and identify possible strategies to be adopted in the next years to run efficiently operations.
- Operations analysis
- Timetable refinement
- Infrastructure planning
- Microscopic simulation model development
- Microscopic simulation model calibration
- Microscopic stochastic simulation