WILL YOUR TRAINS RUN ON TIME?
TIMETABLE STABILITY / PUNCTUALITY ESTIMATIONS
Punctuality has become fundamental for all stakeholders involved in railway operations, since delays lead to higher costs and lower customer satisfaction.
Our innovative approach, through advanced stochastic micro-simulation, reproduces real traffic in the highest detail, considering multiple operating days. Different delay scenarios can be defined, for example, to estimate the impact a perturbation on one branch line has on others in a complex node.
The method, powerful and innovative has been applied to large and complex networks, such as Paris St Lazare in France or the Overground in London, supporting planners in multiple tasks:
- Estimating the reliability that could be obtained with a given timetable;
- Comparing the performances of different timetables;
- Assessing the effects of delay propagation among lines and nodes;
- Assessing the effects of selected delayed services on the others;
- Estimating the capacity related to given reliability levels;